International Payments FAQ
OSU has partnered with TransferMate and Convera to provide international students an alternative method for paying student bills. These payment options allows you to pay your student account balance in the currency of your choice and provides a simple and reliable way of initiating payments electronically.
Advantages of using the student payment portal:
- Foreign currency quote is easily obtained by accessing the payment method through the OSU student portal.
- Tuition and fees are paid in the currency of your choice which is converted to U.S. Dollars.
- There are NO additional transaction charges from TransferMate, Convera, or OSU, though you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank.
- The exchange rate is valid for 72 hours after the transaction is initiated, taking the uncertainty out of the total payment amount.
- The exchange rate is competitive when compared to most banks' retail rates.
- Payments received will include your reference information, which ensures that your payment reaches your student account quickly.
- Payments will be electronically transmitted to OSU ensuring timely posting.
- Payments will be posted 2 to 5 business days from the time payment is initiated.
- 24/7 multilingual customer support.
How to initiate a TransferMate payment:
- Log into myOKState
- Under Quick Links click OSU Stillwater/Tulsa Bursar Account
- Log in here
- Go to the Make Payment tab and choose TransferMate in the drop-down menu
- Select the country of payment and complete the payer details
- Make your payment using the instructions and prompt
- Who can I contact for assistance?
- Will I be charged for using this service?All TransferMate services are completely free of charge; although you may be charged by your bank for making a local transaction, this is unfortunately out of our control.
- Why do I need to provide identification?By law, TransferMate is required to identify the person transferring funds to your institution’s bank account. Your identification will ensure that you and your institution are protected against Money Laundering attempts.
- What is accepted as viable identification?Any letter of offer/acceptance, including your name, which has been posted to you by the institution you are wishing to make payments to. In addition, we must receive a scanned copy of your photo identification (passport).
- Will my beneficiary institution be charged for receiving payments from my TransferMate
account?All TransferMate services are completely free of charge, and we do not charge for transactions, so you can rest assured Oklahoma State University will not be charged for receiving your international payment.
- How will I know if my payment has been successful? TransferMate provides you with full online payment tracking 24/7; you can log in to this by accessing your account and clicking on "Enter Your Tracking" to view the up-to-date status of your payments and view your payment history of all transactions.
- Where can I get a transaction receipt?You can obtain Electronic Fund Transfer Receipts within Your Tracking Account, found by clicking on "Enter Your Tracking" from within your TransferMate account.
- Can a family member make payments through my TransferMate account? Yes, providing your family member provides TransferMate with the relevant Anti-Money Laundering Identification (student photo Identification and school's Invoice or Offer letter). This must be sent to email@example.com. Then we are happy to allow family members to make payments on your behalf to your institution. For more assistance on this topic, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our Live Chat.
- Can I make the same currency transactions? TransferMate is designed to allow international students to make cross-currency transactions free of charge at reduced rates of exchange; any same currency transactions will hold a £10 or equivalent amount charge to cover the costs of performing this type of transaction.
How to initiate a Convera payment:
Step 1: Initiate your payment quote online
- Go to the International Payment page
- Enter your student details (BannerID, Name, and Email)
- Enter the amount due in U.S. Dollars
- Choose your currency type
- A payment amount in your currency of choice will automatically be generated. This quote is secured for 72 hours
- Agree to the payment amount and accept terms and conditions
- Download payment instructions, including a reference number, as a PDF document. You will need the reference number to complete your payment in Step 2
Step 2: Transfer funds to Convera
- The payment instructions will tell you how to transfer funds through your personal bank or online
- If you have your bank send the funds to Convera, be sure that they send your reference number
Step 3: Convera does the rest!
- Using your reference number, Convera will transfer your funds into your Bursar's Account
- This usually takes 2 to 5 business days after your local bank initiates payment to Convera
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the benefits of using the international student payment method?
When you select to make your payments via the international student payment method you will receive an exchange rate that is valid for 72 hours, which can be accepted before sending your funds. You will always know the amount you're going to pay in local currency at the time you send your payment and have confidence that the right amount will arrive to OSU.
- Do I need to provide OSU’s bank details?
No. You only need the local bank details that will be provided to you as a PDF. All payments will be allocated accordingly using individual student ID numbers.
- Can I make a transfer via my own bank?
To get the benefits of this service it is important that you send your payment amount to TransferMate or Convera using the reference number that is provided. You can use your own bank to make this transfer to TransferMate or Convera. Make sure that your bank sends the reference number you have been given. This ensures your tuition and fee payment is easily identifiable and not be delayed.
- Which fees can I pay using this service?
This service can be used to make payment for all balances on your student account.
- I can find my home country but it doesn't let me use my home currency. Why?
Unfortunately, due to international and domestic banking regulations, some currencies are unable to be traded on the open market or are otherwise unavailable. In the instances where your country appears as an option but the currency is unavailable, you can select an alternative currency, including U.S. Dollar, to ensure your payment will be posted to your student account quickly.