Billing & Due Dates
- The Bursar Office provides a monthly billing statement on the last business day of every month detailing charges and payments that occurred during that month.
- Statement notifications are emailed monthly to the students okstate email address as well as to authorized users.
- Payment plan participants are sent installment payment due notifications in separate emails and the statement email is to inform you of the total monthly billing statement amount for informational purposes.
- Charges and credits originate from on campus departments. These departments are responsible for maintaining the detailed records of the transaction that appear on your billing statement. If you have questions regarding an item on your statement, please contact the appropriate department directly.
Due dates and delinquent account information
- Payments are due prior to the 15th of the month. If the 15th falls on a weekend, the due date is extended to the next business day without penalty. All past due accounts accrue a penalty at the rate of 1.5% monthly (19.56APY). No finance charges are associated with the payment option plan if payments are made as promised. Any charges incurred by the University in an effort to collect on delinquent accounts will be assessed to and will be the responsibility of the account holder.
- Delinquent account information is disclosed to credit reporting agencies, which could endanger the student's credit rating on a local or national level. Past due accounts may receive payment from the warrant intercept program (WIP) that captures state income tax refunds to pay outstanding OSU debt.
Accounts must be cleared before the student can obtain the release of any academic records such as a transcript, receive a diploma or enroll for subsequent semesters.
Oklahoma State University extends bursar optional charging privileges to students in order to facilitate use of campus based services. To maintain charging privileges with the University, bursar accounts must remain current or your charging privileges will be revoked.