- Contact Information
- Financial Responsibility
- Tuition & Fees Estimator
- Tuition & Fees
- Block Rate Information
- Billing Statements
- Payment Methods
- Payment Option Plan
- University Catalog - Bursar Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Credit Card Conv. Fee FAQ
- 1098-T FAQ
- 1098-T Viewing & Printing
- FERPA & Privacy
- Financial Aid
- Financial Literacy
- Veteran Benefit Services
- Red Flag Rules
- Event Calendar
- Assoc. VP & Controller
Credit Card Usage for Bursar Payments
Costs associated with processing credit cards continues to grow each year, and the University can no longer absorb this cost. The University wants to continue to offer the option to pay by credit card. In order to address a $1.5 million annual drain on its budget, OSU made changes January 2009 in the way credit card payments are accepted for bursar accounts and began passing the cost of the credit card convenience fee along to those using the service. Those who choose to use an accepted credit card to make bursar payments are assessed a 2.75% convenience fee ($3 minimum). The sole purpose of the fee is to cover charges from the credit card companies. This change did not impact the various other ways you can currently make bursar payments.
- A 2.75% or $3.00 minimum non-refundable convenience fee will be added to all credit card bursar account payments.
- The non-refundable convenience fee is assessed by our third-party processor, not OSU, and will be included with your total payment amount on your credit card statement.
- Two separate transactions appear on your credit card statement. One transaction for the student account payment and one transaction for the convenience fee.
- You may make bursar account payments with Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cards. Additionally, other cards accepted are Diners Club, JCB, BC Card, and DinaCard.
- Credit card payments can only be made via the web (Student Self-Service at http://my.okstate.edu or by logging into as an authorized user through the bursar website).
- Credit card payments are NOT accepted in person at the teller stations, or by phone, or by email.
To avoid the convenience fee, students and employees should consider several other options. Bursar payment options with no additional cost to payer:
- Online by Web Check/ACH via Student Self-Service http://my.okstate.edu or by logging into as an authorized user through the bursar website.
- Mail checks, cashier checks or money orders to: OSU Office of the Bursar PO Box 1583 Stillwater, Oklahoma 74076-1583.
- In person by check, money order, or cash at the Office of the Bursar, 113 Student Union. Hours 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday. After-hour payments can be placed in the secure depository slot adjacent to the Bursar Office Windows.
OSU works diligently to keep costs down while maintaining high-quality academic programs and services. The change in 2009 allowed OSU to significantly reduce costs, while still providing various bursar payment methods, including several no-cost options.